I'm really excited to announce Minko (which is, by the way, the final name for my 3D library) has reached a new level: pixel shader integration! Pixel shaders are little programs that run on each pixel and can modify their final color. They are often written in C-like languages and in this precise case we use Pixel Bender, the shader language introduced with Flash 10.
In this post I will:
- Explain how any 3D scene is built when using Minko
- Explain how pixel shaders are integrated in the 3D scene
- Explain how pixel shaders are built using Pixel Bender
- Show you a very simple demo of the kind of effects pixel shaders will provide
- Explain how the demo was built
Here are a two screenshots to show the results: