The first public beta of Minko 2 is available on GitHub. For now, only the core framework is online. The extensions such as minko-collada and minko-lighting will follow in the next few weeks.
This new version of Minko will add:
- A much faster rendering pipeline (+3000% in the best cases)
- Support for the MK file format, optimized for web/mobile 3D applications with lossy/lossless 3D compression for files up to 50 times lighter
- Minko Studio to build 3D scenes and export optimized MK files
- Minko ShaderLab to create 3D hardware accelerated rendering effects
- Lightweight MVC architecture to easily add code for game/application logic
- Faster dynamic JIT shader compiler with more optimizations and support for the "kil" AGAL instruction
- Simplified API to program the GPU with ActionScript code
- Unified scene-to-shaders data binding API
- Procedural animations API
- Better performances for the Collada parser
- New open source examples in minko-examples
- Better quality for projected shadows
- Projected shadows on every light types
- Cubic, spheric and Blinn-Newell reflections
- Support for ambient occlusion maps
To learn more and ask questions about Minko 2, you can read the "About Minko 2" thread on Aerys Answers.
If you have questions or suggestions, you can post on Aerys Answers.